Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Because sometimes God doesn't "heal"

So November is Invisible Illness awareness month and WEGO health gave out prompts for bloggers with invisible illnesses to blog for 30 days about. Well, actually they gave out about 60 prompts because there was a choice every day and then there were 2 free days so minus 4 plus some extra prompts so about 60 prompts. I got the prompts but never got to the writing because let's face it, the last month of classes does not provide the most free time, especially for someone with a chronic illness.

But summer does...so you guessed it...I'm going to attempt to get through tons of these prompts this summer even the alternate ones. They are great prompts and I often have trouble figuring out what to write about.

So Day 1: "Why I write about my health"

Well, ain't that a complicated answer?

How about a top 5 list?

1) It's cathartic. When I'm having a horrible hard to understand day, it's nice to be able to come here and type what I feel and not have to look you in the face when I'm "saying" it, even though I know most of the people that are reading it. It makes me feel better.

2) I hope someone reads this and gets help with their diagnosis and finds comfort in my words.

3) It is a way to tell a couple hundred people in one fell swoop about my most recent doctor's appointment, test result, etc, etc.

4) I hope that one day I can look back at this and laugh, and cry, and remember the lesson that God taught me.

and most importantly

5) Because sometimes God doesn't heal on earth, and I think some people need to hear that that's ok. When someone get's sick, people tell you they are praying for you, they continue praying for you, keep asking if you're better, and once you're better they move on. People with chronic illnesses don't necessarily get better on earth. But that doesn't mean that we aren't healed. My attitude is healed, I've been healed from certain episodes and symptoms, but it's never going away (most likely, Jesus is still in the business of miracles so it could happen but I'm not waiting around for it), and I know I will have ultimate healing one day in Heaven. And newsflash, no one goes to heaven with everything healed, everyone will have some kind of illness, scratch, emotional heartbreak, something or else they wouldn't be dead, and we are all terminal.

I think it's important to realize that it's ok if we aren't healed. I am still a whole person, I am still Megan. I have interests besides being sick.

This is why I write about my health, so that you can see that besides the fact that God hasn't "healed" me today, I'm still doing ok...I may have issues, but I'm still a person, just like you, and I'm trying to help you understand me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment