This week was supposed to be full of medical hoopla but because of the snow it was a really light week.
~Monday: Last day of in clinic Physical Therapy for my muscle weakness. I got discharged to do home therapy because it wasn't benefiting me or the therapist to be at the clinic. Yay!
~Wednesday: I had an adjustment with my chiropractor followed by a much needed massage. I do massages for my chronic pain and muscle tension, not pleasure. They actually make me hurt for a couple of days after but then I get about a week of almost pain free days, so it's worth it.
~Thursday: Saline infusion!!!
2. Sunday I got to go to the Indiana UMDF Night at the Museum at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It was so awesome! For one night the UMDF rents out a couple of the exhibits and lets mito families come and play where there aren't other kids there to possibly get them sick from the lower immune systems or make them feel different. It was so cool because almost everyone there had a feeding backpack and if they didn't they understood why they had one. And when a feeding pump went off it was just like a cell phone going off and no one stared at you, it was completely normal. There were wheelchairs everywhere and it wasn't weird when someone got up from one and played because everyone knew they were in them primarily to conserve energy not because they couldn't walk completely. I got to meet people I had been talking to on Facebook which was super nice. I can't wait to go back next year.
3. There really isn't much going on in my life right now I feel rather boring. I've started to get more cognizant of the fact that I can't get out and do things anymore and that no one should have to live this way. Passing the time is getting harder and harder because I'm getting tired of watching the same TV shows over and over, but I don't have the energy to do anything but watch TV, I usually am not even awake for most of the time. But I'm even getting bored of sleeping. It's getting harder for me to even get the energy to get out for my daily coffee run. And I'm supposed to be going back to in class school full time in the fall. Ha.
4. I did do something really, really, really super exciting this week! I booked plane tickets to go 'home' to NC! Where I lived on my own before I became ill and had to move home with my mom. This will be the first time that I will get to go 'home' in almost 2 years and I so cannot wait to go back and see my 'family' down there. I so cannot wait until it's time for the trip!
5. My blog got nominated for an award this week. I guess that is pretty cool. Just a little more awarenesss spread hopefully. That's my aim.
6. I joined the Doctor Who fan world yesterday. I'm already obsessed. I watched 5 episodes yesterday and I'm planning on finishing season 1 by tomorrow and starting season 2 because someone told me season 2 was better than season 1. I swore I would never watch Doctor Who. Look what's happened to me. I'm also typing out Doctor because I learned yesterday that you are never, ever supposed to abbreviate Doctor.