Friday, May 9, 2014

The Day After...aka Life Goes On

Yesterday, I found out some disheartening news from my pulmonologist Nurse Practioner.

I learned that the muscles in my lungs were weakening and would probably progressively do so for the rest of my life until the point where they just won't work properly anymore and that means I can't breathe, and we all know what happens when you can't breathe.

Well, now I've had a day to process. A day to think. A day to get my head back on my shoulders.

And you know what I remembered? Life goes on. It doesn't stop 'til your dead and that will hopefully be a long while from now, even with my lung issues.

So, basically, I went to counseling today. Talked about it, got it all out in the open. Vented about it. And now I'm choosing to live. I may even choose to do those other tests but my counselor said she could understand why I wouldn't want to do them.

So here are some inspirational quotes that I just found that really resonated with me today. And helped me remember that life does go on, and it does get better than this.







I just need to spend a little more time focusing on the fact that shit happens, but life goes on and less time on the shit that's happening.

I really think the picture that says "she is standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take" is where I was yesterday. I had crossed the line into I couldn't take anymore. But today I'm teetering a little more on the being able to take a little more side.

My favorite quote from above is the one that says "Be brave enough to hold onto the hope that life will be beautiful again." If you go back to the early days of the blog I always talked about finding the beauty in the situation. Actually, it's been a pretty constant theme in my chronic illness journey. As well as hope has been. I can't wait until I get to the place where I will feel like life is beautiful again. Although, I think most parts of life are beautiful, but it should be that I think all parts of life are beautiful. Including, my illnesses. After all, "if you are never broken, you will never be made whole." (JJ Heller) And who doesn't want to be made whole.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome comeback... you always do. Love you.

    ReplyDelete