Saturday, November 26, 2011

3 more days!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So since posting last, not much has happened, but at the same time a lot has happened. I have felt very drained this entire past week...in my head I was pretty sure that it was God's way of making me rest before I traveled to Salisbury next week because it is going to take a lot of energy and effort to get there, even though I really want to be there. So really most of this week I slept. Except Thursday. Thursday I cooked and cooked and cooked some more and Wednesday night too. I had a wonderful thanksgiving meal with my family and there was a gluten free equivalent of every menu item...or so we thought...

I did all of the cooking minus the non gluten free stuffing and putting the turkey in the oven because I couldn't physically lift it...haha...we had everything you could imagine for dinner: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy (gluten and non gluten), rolls (gluten and non gluten), stuffing (gluten and non gluten), cranberries, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, apple pie, and pumpkin cheesecake (which I made from scratch and my uncle said I could sell for money it was so good). This was the first time I was going to get to be with extended family on Thanksgiving in forever...like since I was a kid because even when I went "home" in college for Thanksgiving it was to South Carolina and my extended family wasn't there. I really don't remember the last time I was with extended family on Thanksgiving. But this year I got to have Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, my sister, my grandpa, my aunt, my uncle, one of my cousins and his family (wife and son) and it was awesome. I was supposed to get to have a second thanksgiving today with even more of the extended family all the cousins and their families and aunts/uncles, grandparents, mom/sis, again...but that whole gluten free equivalent thing wasn't quite accurate we think....now...we think that the bread I used for my stuffing may not have been gluten free as advertised (we got it from a bakery and there wasn't a label on it but the lady said it was gluten free and we've bought the bread from them before so we trusted them...but...not so much anymore)

Thursday night I started getting violently ill and was running to the bathroom about every 15 or 20 minutes (TMI, I know). Well come Friday morning after going to the bathroom/sleeping all night/not feeling good and achy, I take my temp and its 102.2. Great...right...here I am less than 5 days from going to Salisbury and I'm virtually hospital bound again. I couldn't stay awake for the life of me and the only time I was awake was to go to the bathroom and I was so horribly nauseous it wasn't even funny. I was for sure that I wasn't going to get to go to Salisbury after all the care I had taken for myself the past couple of weeks to make sure I was healthy enough to travel and the money I had saved to make sure I could make the trip. Today, I was still not much better. I wasn't going to the bathroom as much, but still couldn't sit up without feeling like I was gonna pass out which is not very good for driving since driving requires you being conscious and sitting up. But I didn't have a fever and I was not sleepy either. So I stayed home and watched trashy TV most of the day and some great sporting events Carolina vs Duke football (online), USC vs Clemson football, and now I'm watching Carolina vs UNLV basketball...so far all my carolina teams have won, now they have to win this basketball game...GO HEELS!!! Now it's like 11:45 at night and I pretty much feel as good as new but need to go to bed and rest I'm sure.

I found out yesterday, while I was deliriously sick, that I officially got accepted into ISU so I will be at least taking the pre-requisites for the dietitian program there in the spring and we will go from there, I won't find out if I get into the dietetics program until May because that is when they notify people for that. I am pretty excited and just hope that I can make it through the semester without getting sick and with good grades. I haven't done real college in a while and I'm sure it will wear me out with all the studying and stuff I will have to do for sure. My schedule will be brutal, I will post it later after I officially register for my classes.

I am now only 3 days away from being in Salisbury and could not be more excited, I just hope that I keep getting better so that the trip doesn't kill me. Mom is worried that I will either get really sick on the way there or get really sick while I'm down there and not be able to get back. But, I know that seeing my friends and stuff will make me feel good and sustain me enough to get through the trip. I can't wait to see all of you. I know you have been praying or else I wouldn't have gotten over this sickness so fast. The church that I'm going to has live streaming of their services and I think I am going to go with that option for tomorrow because I need to make sure I'm rested to the fullest potential and then Monday I'm not sure what I'll do but then Tuesday is the day I start driving to Salisbury. Tuesday night I will stay in Kentucky and then Wednesday I will get up and get to Salisbury. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment