Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas miracle :)

So I have been really bad about doing this whole blogging thing. I don't really know how to get more like making myself doing it...but I do have good intentions. Honestly typing, writing, anything these things hurts extremely bad, so believe it or not I don't do much on the computer. Most of it I do on my phone, which is easier because my phone has swype technology so it is easier for me to "type" on that. Other than that I do very little on my computer and hardly any writing.

I was doing so well healthwise and I even made it through Christmas feeling great (more or less...I really started crashing on Thursday before Christmas, but I powered through to make it to Christmas.) Thursday I started getting tired and more tired and really achey. I started with the ankle thing again where I couldn't even walk really because my ankles and toes hurt so bad it's not even funny. But I still had stuff to do. We got my car back Friday afternoon but it still isn't fixed. The part hadn't come in yet, it came in today though so hopefully it will be all fixed up tomorrow. I really am starting to like it, even the fact that is yellow. I never lose it in a parking lot and it definitely isn't the same as anyone I have ever seen.

Anyways, Saturday was lots of Christmas Eve stuff. I made sure the house was clean for the people coming over on Sunday to our house. Mom and I grocery shopped for our party/get together we were having (which took forever and was fun with me and mom in pain) then I came home and baked cookies while mom finished her Christmas shopping for us kids. Then we went over to my aunt and uncle's house for extended family gift exchange. We were late because we waited on my sister to get off work so she could go at the same time with us. But we had fun, we ate a little first, then everyone opened gifts from each other. I got a cool applique for my wall with a Dr. Seuss quote on it. I love Dr. Seuss so my aunt thought that would be cool for me. It is the quote that says, "if things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too!" which just so happens to be from my favorite book "Oh, the Places You'll Go" :) I also got 50 bucks from my grandfather and step grandmother which is always good. I love money! haha! After that my mom and I went to the Christmas Eve late night service at her church. It was ok. Not my favorite, but it was it worked.

Sunday I woke up and made my family breakfast casserole for breakfast. Then of course we opened presents. I really wasn't expecting much for Christmas this year, but got quite a bit of stuff. I got a donut maker so I can make gluten free donuts, an amazon gift card, lots of candy, colored pens so I can write in my planner lots of pretty colors!, an awesome orange camouflage bookbag for me to carry all my books and stuff to school in the spring :), 2 thermal tshirts, a pair of pajama pants with snoopy on them, an auxillary cord to plug my ipod in my car to listen to it, and because my old ipod was broken and we didn't know if my phone would work with it or not a new ipod which i didn't even ask for! :) It is little silver nano one and I got it a Carolina blue cover the other day and it is awesome! I love it, and I managed to get all my music off my old stinky Ipod onto my new one :)

So this week I've been pretty sick and it hasn't been fun. See I made it to Christmas being healthy, but that was it, but it's ok I got my Christmas wish, to be healthy on Christmas. At 2:30 in the morning on Dec 26th I woke up vomiting violently. I did it again at 4:30 in the morning and 8:30 in the morning. I haven't done it since then but have been extremely nauseous since then. I have also been having abdominal pain that has been pretty intense at times (today for instance after dinner it had me in tears doubled over in pain and mom made me go lay in bed). My muscles have not felt right at all. I have had a lot of weakness and joint pain and my lightheadedness/dizziness is back. Oh well...hopefully it will go away soon. I really haven't gone anywhere this week except Tuesday I went to walmart to buy my ipod case and a camera case for my camera. Then mom and sis and I went to see the movie New Years Eve--which was good--and we went to dinner at Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Yesterday I tried to leave the house and run errands with mom but I was to nauseous to do so. Today I sent some old textbooks I sold online and went to Walmart again and met mom and sis at Chilli's for lunch. That has been it. I went to bed after that and have been there pretty much for the rest of the day :(

I have started getting some of my textbooks in that I ordered online for my classes that are this semester and that is getting me even more excited for school to start. I have my bookbag packed and my colored pens and I am so excited to get to learn some of this stuff. Some of it looks downright scary though. I am also very nervous though. I have no idea how or if I will make it through the semester without having to drop out. I just had one really good week health wise and it has pretty much knocked me on my butt this week. I have no idea how I am supposed to go full steam ahead for 3 months in a row. But we will see. Hopefully it will all work out, I really think it's in God's plan, so it should work out :)

Tomorrow I am going to the evil family doctor to talk to her about writing me a letter so I can get disability services at school. We are also going to talk to her about seeing if she will approve me for a handicap placard for my car. I have very little muscle tone and control and my joints hurt so bad all the time. Plus if I stand up for about 5 minutes I immediately feel like I'm going to pass out and get all clammy and shaky and have to lay down. At ISU the closest student parking lot to my classes is about 3 blocks away and I will never make it walking that far at this point in my life, especially in the cold weather (especially when it snows). So we are hoping that she sings the form for me tomorrow, or else we will have to go to plan B which we aren't sure what that is yet. There are handicapped spaces that are right next to the buildings that my classes are in, so that would be a blessing. I'm not going to be one of those people that abuses it, just uses it on days when I really have no other option. Right now on those days I just don't drive anywhere, because I know I can't walk far enough to get into the stores, let alone make it through the stores, so here's hoping she is in a good mood tomorrow. Also, mom is going with me to advocate for me and back me up. I am also bringing the newest edition to my life--my health journal. One day last week of like the 3rd day in a row of me waking up at 4 in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep I started a health journal. I keep it with me all day long, and every time anything in my body feels off I write down exactly what I feel and what time it is. Some of it just says continues all day but some of it is more specific. I am hoping that this will not only help me back myself up with mean dr, but also help the rheumatologist I see at the end of January have almost a whole month of very specific information to help me get more confirmed answers.

So anyways, that is about all I have for right now and my hands are pretty much numb I've been typing so long and they hurt super bad. So I'm gonna stop now. I will try to update tomorrow after my dr's appt or something. Also, gonna try to get my Indiana driver's license tomorrow so next week I can register my car when I get the title in the mail :)

Have a good night everyone!!

6 days til my new small group starts
11 days til classes start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment