Sunday, May 24, 2015

Five Minute Friday (on a Sunday, again): Rise

As soon as  I saw the word 'rise' the Chris Tomlin song "I will rise"  popped into my head and it's been playing on  repeat ever since. I confess the only words that I knew off the top of my head were "I wiill rise when you call my name, no more sorrow, no more pain" but those words were enough to get me to go and look up the lyrics and see if I wanted to write about this song in this blog about the word rise.

Let me just say. As soon as I started reading the lyrics. I just sat there. I was like. Um, I've never really listened to this song, why not, why has God been trying to get through to me so long and it took until just now to get through to me (P.S. this was started on Friday...so Friday is when this happened not Friday).

In my opinion, and you can ask almost anyone, my life is in complete shambles. There is nothing going well and there is no where to go but up...but I do still believe I am going up and I have been completely satisfied, happy, calm, and happy with EVERY road block that has been put in my face. I mean I have been so sick, so, so, so sick and I'm just like ok, we get used to this new way of life right now. I got academically dismissed from my university (don't even ask) and I'm just like ok, I'll go back next year, or not at all. There has to be a reason for all this. I'm having some friend issues, no problem, just move on. Getting harassed on Facebook, just delete the conversation and go about my day. I am telling you, nothing can get me down. I have complete peace when life SUCKS and I couldn't figure it out.

Then I read these words and wow. Just wow.

"There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, it is well
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise, I will rise"

It could also be because I've been channeling my inner Meredith Grey since we are so much alike, as this was the last line of the season finale and it REALLY spoke to me and that was 2-3 weeks ago, long before this word 'rise' was presented to me. I posted it as a Facebook status and everything,,,that must mean it was life altering...haha...
"Ok we have to dance it out. Let's go...people can be broken, sure. But any surgeon knows what's broken can be mended, what's hurt can be healed, that no matter how dark it gets, the sun is going to rise again." -Meredith Grey 
 All I know is that this year I made my word for the year (the thing I do instead of doing resolutions I pick a word to hone in on for the entire year and work on developing) 'Beautiful Redemption'. And I really don't think you can have a 'Beautiful Redemption' without the ability to rise. I know I am strong enough to fight the battles put in front of me. I know I right now I am broken, I know I am hurt, I know it's dark. But I also know that I will be mended, I will be healed, and the sun will rise again.


No comments:

Post a Comment