Saturday, April 5, 2014

If I had a superpower it would be...

Today's Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge topic is if you had a superpower what would it be?

My superpower that I would want is not to be invisible, or to fly, or to have x-ray vision, or any of the normal super hero powers like that. No my superpower is to have an unlimited amount of spoons for the day.

You may be lost if you've never heard the spoon theory, so you should go and read that here.

Now that you know what spoons are, you can see as someone with so many chronic illnesses why I would want that to be my super power.

Right now I'm really struggling a lot with being sick. I've been in crash mode for over 2 weeks now. Really unable to do much at all because my muscles, GI tract, respiratory system, eyes, and more aren't working barely at all.

I'm getting tired of all my selfies being from the laying in my bed position because that's basically all I'm doing, like this one:


I'm tired of always having to use my wheelchair to get around for the simplest of tasks like running into Walmart for one thing, because I don't have the stamina to stand in the checkout line:


And, I'm tired of my view always being the same thing for about 18 hours a day every day:


So, if I had a super power, even just for one day, I would want unlimited amounts of spoons. So I could go out and live and do some things that didn't have anything to do with laying in bed, not having muscle weakness, or giving myself meds in a tube, or having a tube at all, or having to use a wheelchair, or a cane.

If I had a super power for a day, I would not be sick. Just for one day. I would remember what it was like to be normal. What it was like to not have to worry about so many things that you have to remember to maintain your life. So many things that if you don't do can seriously affect your quality of life. 

If I had a superpower, I would live. Truly live. That's all that I wish for really, is a chance to truly live without pain, suffering, meds, cords, tubes, and time spent in bed. I would just live with all the spoons I needed, so there would be no holding me back.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Megan.
    I can truly relate to wanting enough spoons to be able to get in my car and drive to a park and walk around a lake and photograph nature.
    Too sick to go out, but reading this helps me feel better.
    I may go and write about my Superpower.
    Thanks for encouraging me and may the day get better for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are in the same boat too, Linda, but I'm glad I was able to encourage you at least. I love to do photography of nature too! Sometimes I take my wheelchair out and do it. I hope you have a good day! :)

      Delete