Thursday, April 17, 2014

If your life was a TV show...

Today's Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge is to have a TV Matchup. Think of a TV show that compares to your life. What is it? Who would you be, who would your friends and family be?

This one is a little more difficult. 

I mean besides the obvious I could be on Mystery Diagnosis a million times over. Ya know that show where they spend the whole episode trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with the person only to find out in the end it's one of those rare things that no one has ever heard of. But beyond that, it's a little more difficult so let me think a minute. 

Hmmmm...

I've been thinking about it for awhile and I think that our family is a little similar too (but not exactly alike) the TV show Parenthood.



In the TV show Parenthood there are 3 kids to the matriarch and patriarch 2 girls and one boy(our family has 2 boys and one girl). One of the kids is a single mom to 2 kids and that would be my mom but she has 2 girls, not a boy and a girl. One of the families is a blended family through adoption, in our family we have a blended family through a second marriage. The other family in the show has multiple kids and our other family has no kids. So there are some differences, but there are a lot of similarities as well. 

First, there is a kid with special needs in the show, but he does not belong to the singe mom, so that is a little off. But most importantly, family is important to us and we all live within a short distance from each other just like in the TV show. We often get together for huge family get togethers and meals just like in the show as well. We take care of each other and sometimes are way too much up in each other's business. But most importantly we are family and we will do everything we can to make sure each other are taken care of. 

So I guess my family is like the show Parenthood somewhat, but not yet all the way. I guess it's interesting to see how our lives are similar to fictional TV shows. I hope you enjoyed getting a bit of a closer glimpse into my personal family life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment