Thursday, April 24, 2014

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things :)

Since I had a 4 hour infusion yesterday, followed immediately by an overnight sleepy study I did not get a chance to do yesterday's Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge, so I'm doing it today. So yesterday's topic was: We at WEGO Health love hobbies. Tell us, what are YOUR hobbies?
Are you a rock collector? Scrapbooking? Photographer? Dancer? Share your talents. (Pictures encouraged)

If I was being completely honest, it feels like my hobbies are:

  • Going to the doctor
  • Sitting in the waiting room
  • Waiting on phone calls from doctors with lab results
  • Picking up prescriptions
  • Driving back and forth to Indy
  • Fighting with insurance companies
  • Doing home PT
  • Going to the chiropractor and massage therapy
  • Getting infusions
  • Being hooked to IV poles all the time
  • Taking medications
  • Spending all of my disability check on all the things that aren't covered by insurance
  • And oh, so much more
But here are some of my real hobbies:

  • Knitting (when my hands allow it)
  • Cooking when I can stand up long enough or bring my wheelchair into the kitchen)
  • Social Media (Facebook and Instagram mostly, but also Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
  • Sitting on the porch and watching my dog play
  • Going to Java Haute to get my coffee every morning
  • Wheelchair hiking

  • Reading when I can focus on the words and see them
  • Sleeping under my heated blanket
  • Visiting with friends when I'm able.
  • Collecting frogs
  • Anything that has to do with orange and pink.



No comments:

Post a Comment